For those readers still wanting to read about the con con, J.H. Snider of the New York Constitutional Convention Clearinghouse has posted a wrap up of articles, although many more are sure to appear.
From the Clearinghouse:
“Copied below are links to some news articles on the defeated state constitutional convention referendum. Of particular note may be my own post-mortem analysis, which significantly differs in both length (longer) and substance (more academic) from the ones below.
- McKinley, Jesse, New York Voters Reject a Constitutional Convention, New York Times, November 7, 2017.
- Blain, Glenn, New York State voters reject constitutional convention, approve proposal to seize pensions of corrupt politicians, New York Daily News, November 7, 2017.
- Velasquez, Josefa, Ballot Measure Authorizing State Constitutional Convention Fails, New York Law Journal, November 7, 2017.
- Campanile, Carl, and Kirstan Conley, NY voters shoot down constitutional convention proposal, New York Post, November 7, 2017.
- New York voters reject constitutional convention, Associated Press, November 7, 2017.
- Zremski, Jerry, New York voters nix constitutional convention, vote to reform pensions, Buffalo News, November 7, 2017.
- New York Voters Reject Ballot Measure Calling For Constitutional Convention, CBS Local, November 7, 2017.
- Runyeon, Frank G., Constitutional Convention and New York’s 2017 Ballot Proposal Results, City & State, November 8, 2017.p
- Campbell, Jon, Constitutional Convention: Landslide defeat shows labor union strength, Poughkeepsie Journal, November 8, 2017.
- Constitutional convention rejected in New York, WCAX, November 7, 2017.
- Statement of Mario Cilento, New York State AFL-CIO, November 8, 2017. “